Sunday, June 19, 2011

Return to Shanghai


After swiftly and painlessly connecting through Hong Kong I arrived in Shanghai already feeling like this was my city.  I felt energized, curious, and anxious all at the same time.  Entering the clean and efficient baggage claim hall was like walking into the open arms of an expectant friend.  Choosing to arrive on a Sunday evening certainly helped promote the calm frenzy-free welcome, and driving into the city was such a breeze I could’ve been on any major highway in any developed nation, cruising along toward the lights of the big city.

Yes, the big city.  Moving from Hanoi to Shanghai is like going from the underdog to the world champion; from a little fish to the Big Kahuna ; from dysfunctional to dynamic; from chaotic to cosmopolitan.  What a place.  It’s a booming international metropolis that attracts all sorts of people.  I can’t wait to make it my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment