Monday, April 18, 2011

Quotes

Now for the fun of packing up and moving out.  I've done my part and contacted 5 moving companies, so I just have to wait for the quotes to roll in.  Really, I can't complain about anything because we have to be the easiest household to relocate: no kids, no pets, fully furnished apartment.  Hmm.  Based on that description it sounds like I should be able to wrap some stuff up, throw it in some boxes and be done in a few hours!  Oh, but then there are the paintings and artwork that need crating.  OK, still, not so bad.

The only catch will be scheduling.  As much as I wanted Chris to take control of this move (since it's HIS promotion after all), I know I will be in charge of collecting quotes, booking surveys, filling out paperwork, and supervising the packing.  After all, Chris will be busy traveling or up to his eyeballs in charts, presentations, and expense reports (remember, it's HIS promotion!)  Ehh - as long as the movers can work after 5:00 or on weekends it'll be fine.  Too bad I can't take any personal days - I used those up for the wedding!  I probably shouldn't call in sick either.  Yep, evenings and weekends - such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment