Thursday, July 18, 2013

Giant Pandas

Travel Date:  March 9, 2013

On my second visit to the Giant Panda Breeding Research Center in Chengdu I decided I would take lots of video footage rather than more photos.  On this sunny spring morning all of the pandas were out and about, actively gnawing on bamboo and even rough-housing with each other.  Of course some of them were just lounging around, which is very typical behavior.  I was having some battery charge issues, so these clips are actually from three different cameras: my iPhone, my little Canon PowerShot, and C's super cool Sony.

C's friends were with us, both of them biology experts, so it was even more fun to learn about the panda's role as a (basically useless) species, and how nature works in such mysterious and often humorous ways.

If you ever have a chance to stop through Chengdu I highly recommend visiting this park.  It's really well maintained, extremely large with spacious enclosures, and very informative too.  Chengdu is also a nice enough city to visit for a day or two; you can set your palette on fire with some spicy Sichuan cuisine, like the homestyle mapo dofu - tongue-tingling deliciousness!




No comments:

Post a Comment